Senior E&P Design Engineer – Crewe
- 14th September 2017
- Posted by: Cathy
OSL Global provides multidisciplinary engineering, technical and project delivery support to clients in the UK and internationally.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior E&P Design Engineer to work on a number of high profile projects throughout the UK; the successful applicants will be based in Crewe, with travel to customer sites.
This is an ideal role for a Senior E&P Design Engineer to expand their career.
Main Roles and Responsibilities / Accountability
The main responsibility for this role is to assist the Project Manager by producing timely and accurate plans to meet the demands of projects set buy our clients.
To work in our Crewe office on power distribution, lighting and other plant power and control projects throughout the UK.Â The initial project is a power distribution scheme, taking power from the DNO at 11KV, distributing at 11kV around a 10km tunnel ring, feeding to 11/0.4 kV ring main units at 15 locations. The project includes an element of differential protection which will be developed by a subcontractor but the ideal candidate must understand such protection
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Able to act as lead design engineer on projects
- High voltage power/substation design â€“ essentially RMU and associated protection equipment â€“ differential protection scheme experience would be an advantage
- Have produced HV/LV power distribution schemes; both drawings and technical documentation
- Data centre design and associated UPS units
- Power distribution design, including equipment selection, cable sizing and protection setting
- Amtech or other similar use
- Lighting design
- Have worked in a contractor environment
- Client facing experience
- Managing projects from inception to completion, including coordination with fellow designers, internal installers and external contractors
- Production of Test and Inspection Plans and RAMS (reliability, availability, maintainability and safety) information.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.