Project Managers (Rail / Signalling) – Swindon, Crewe and Glasgow
- 14th September 2017
- Posted by: Cathy
OSL Global provides rail signalling and multidisciplinary engineering, technical and project delivery support to clients in the UK and internationally.
We are currently seeking experienced Project Managers to work on a number of high profile test and installation projects throughout the UK; the successful applicants will be based in either Swindon, Crewe or Glasgow, with travel to customer sites.
To be considered, you will need a minimum of 3 years Project Management experience within the Rail Industry
Main Roles and Responsibilities
The main responsibility for this role is to fully manage the Project Management function on all
assigned projects by producing timely and accurate plans to meet the demands of projects set
by our clients.
- Manages the day to day operational and tactical aspects of assigned projects.
- Support the Senior Project Manager / Engineering Manager with accurate and timely plans.
- Produce monthly critical reports and pass to Management / clients.
- Attend weekly update meetings with projects team when required.
- Provide summary update reports for discipline heads and projects manager on a
- fortnightly basis.
- Liaise with other Managers/ Departments to obtain relevant information to produce reports.
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensuring accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for all projects assigned.
- Manages scope and mitigates risk across assigned projects.
- Work closely with other team members to ensure crucial targets and goals are met.
- Produce, Monitor and update project plans.
- To look at ways to improve the procedures and process of project management within OSL
- Meet with clients and represent the company at project meetings.
- Presentations to fellow team members.
- Supervision of Project planners when assigned.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge and proficient skills using Microsoft project.
- Understanding of NR suite of contracts, NEC and CECA forms of contract.
- Proactive and supportive a self-starter
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Knowledge of budgetary controls
- Prince 2 qualified
- Experience working within the rail industry
- Essential skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel. Outlook etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Flexibility in working locations
- Professional membership of APM
- Level 4 management skills
- Previous supervisory skills
- Full driving License
- Ability to travel with work
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.