OSL Global provides rail signalling and multidisciplinary engineering, technical and project delivery support to clients in the UK and internationally.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager & Senior Project Manager; the successful applicants will be based UK wide, Crewe/Swindon/Glasgow or on site. Salary dependent on experience. Position includes company car, laptop, phone, pension, healthcare, 33 days leave (includes bank holidays) etc.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
The Post Holder is responsible for the day to day management of the Project Management staff and overall view of the projects, ensuring that all legislative and procedural requirements of the client, infrastructure owners, and of OSL’s own IMS are understood and adhered to by those staff.
Project /Practice Management
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale projects.
Oversees managers working on client engagements within practice.
Reviews high-level deliverables across projects.
Implements engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with our methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution of consulting engagements as measured by regional goals and customer satisfaction.
Minimises our exposure and risk across multiple projects.
Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects.
Ensures company, client and individual compliance with Construction, Design, Management regulations.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for all projects under his/her direction.
Integrates financial data for multiple projects.
Compares financial data for practice to that of other practices and seeks ways to maximise revenue.
Analyses profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilisation across projects.
Addresses elevated billing issues when they arise.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of business.
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
- Builds expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to others.
- Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition.
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
- Works across practice to share lessons learned and best practices.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction and expectations for multiple or large-scale projects.
- Anticipates clients needs and proposes alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks and capitalises upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Possesses a knowledge base of each client’s business, organisation and objectives.
- Identifies partnership opportunities and capitalises on “add-on” sales opportunities across projects.
- Achieves “add on” revenue goals
- Assists in the identification of strategic accounts.
- Works in conjunction with the sales team to follow up on sales leads within practice.
- Grows long-term relationships with clients and capitalises on equity and partnership opportunities.
- Serves as key participant in team and client meetings.
- Raises our visibility through involvement in local industry organisations.
- Confronts issues openly and quickly.
- Effectively communicates relevant project/practice information to superiors and peers in other practices.
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information.
- Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Assists in the evaluation and redesign of practice offerings.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our service offerings, technical
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.