OSL’s Systems Engineering sector was established to provide Railway signalling systems technical and project delivery support and consultancy services to clients in the UK and internationally.
OSL have worked on a range of Rail Industry projects including:
- Bletchley Re-modelling;
- Glasgow South Signalling Renewals (GSSR);
- Ely to Norwich Modular Signalling;
- Paisley Corridor Infrastructure Renewals (PCI) Remedial works;
- Network Rail Traffic Management 1st Deployment Bid.
- Signaller’s Assistant Enhanced ARS;
- Gatwick Airport Station Redevelopment (GASR);
- East Sussex Re-signalling;
- Cardiff Area Signalling Renewals (CASR) – Vale of Glamorgan (VOG);
The typical services that OSL can offer include:
- Electronic Signalling Systems Testing and Commissioning (T&C) Management including Systems TIC
- Electronic Signalling Systems Testing
- System Consultancy
- Systems Integration
- Systems Installation.
By utilising the existing OSL Signalling design team and working together with equipment suppliers, we are able to offer a complete Signalling systems design capability ranging from modifications to existing installed systems through to complete TD, TDM or other systems purchased from third party suppliers. More information can be found in the service brochure.
Due to the shortage of Railway Signalling Systems Engineers throughout the Rail industry, OSL are actively looking at ways to provide additional skilled resources from other industries and train them to meet the rail industry requirements. Working with universities and colleges we are also looking to train new entrants to provide resources for the long-term benefit of the industry, ensuring a stable resource pool for the future.